Overlooking Lake Rotoiti.

Today the tramping club went on a tramp through a section of bush between Lakes Rotoiti and Rotoehu today.  We drove along Pongakawa Valley Road around Lake Rotoehu and then down Rotoehu Road, where we parked along the side of the road and started out.  There was 21 of us, sometimes walking along either trappers tracks or forestry/farm track (although that was for only a short distance), but most of the tramping was off-track and through native bush.  I will let the photos tell (most of) the story.






We reached a trig point looking out over Lake Rotoiti and had to take in the views a few people at a time due to the small clearing.  I neglected to get a panoramic shot, but did manage to take a couple of regular ones.



More bush followed, and it was all looking the same.



Eventually we found clearer land as we neared the end of our walk.




The hiking app on my phone said we had done 8km in 4 hours.  Other people's apps and a GPS said we had done between 4 and 6kms.  I would think an app might undercount (due to it missing out on satellite signal occasionally) but I can't think how one would over record the distance.  I'm sticking with my apps distance to say we did 8.

On the return journey, we stopped at a bach at Lake Rotoma belonging to one member of our party for tea and some freshly smoked trout.  Mmm.



Comments

Popular Posts