Dales High Way

In 2019 I returned to Northern England to do a ton of walking, 3 months of it in fact.  After some southern walking, I began the northern stage with the Dales High Way; a 6-day (plus one “break” day) walk from Saltaire to Appleby-in-Westmorland.

This was supposed to be the “higher altitude” version of the Dales Way, although it starts and ends in different places, and only meets the Dales Way for some of the trail either side of Dent.  Read about my exploits on the Dales High Way by clicking HERE, or you can access it as usual by clicking on the “England” page on the menu.

I am almost up to date with writing about my past long-distance walks.  Since the COVID-19 lockdown began here in NZ back in March I have not done any walking but, now with restrictions much looser, I likely will get out again.  I need to find some walks nearby that I have not yet done, or not done for many years, so I can put fresh content on here.  To avoid any unnecessary use of a vehicle, I try to incorporate my walking with another reason I have to travel (like a grocery shop), so I will see what I can combine over the next while.  Stay tuned for something, as yet, un-walked and posted about.

Comments

Popular Posts